Presentation Academy will recognize the recipients of its 2015 Tower Awards during the school’s annual awards dinner Oct. 8 in the ballroom of the Louisville Marriott Downtown, 280 W. Jefferson Street. A cocktail reception will begin at 6 p.m., followed by the dinner and awards ceremony at 7 p.m.
The 20th annual Tower Awards honors women leaders and highlights the “contributions and talents of these role models to Presentation Academy students and the Louisville community,” a news release from the school said. All funds from the event go to the school’s tuition assistance program.
This year’s honorees are:
- Arts & Communications — Dr. Gaetane Jean-Marie, professor and chair of the department of educational leadership, foundations and human resource at the University of Louisville.
- Business Technology & Trade — Rebecca Matheny, executive director of Louisville Downtown Partnership.
- Education — Sister of Charity of Nazareth Susan Gatz, president of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and a 1965 Presentation graduate.
- Government & Law — Kathleen Quinn Abernathy, chief legal officer and executive vice president of regulatory and government affairs for Frontier Communications and a 1974 Presentation graduate.
- Science & Healthcare — Dr. Toni Ganzel, ENT surgeon and dean of the medical school at the University of Louisville.
- Service & Advocacy — Maria Price, executive director of the St. John Center.
Presentation will also present the Lifetime Achievement Award to the Queen’s Daughters to honor “their work for the good and general advancement of fellow beings in accordance with Catholic principles,” the release said.
Tickets may be purchased for $100 each or $1,000 for a table of 10. For more information or to purchase tickets, contact Martha Brown Stephenson by phone at 583-5935, ext. 117, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.