More than 100 students in 27 schools in the Archdiocese of Louisville have been recognized in the annual Duke Talent Identification Program (TIP).
TIP identifies academically talented seventh-graders in public, nonpublic and home schools based on their scores on standardized tests taken in elementary or middle school. These students take either the SAT or ACT college entrance exams.
Based on their scores, students may receive “grand recognition” (the highest scores) or “state recognition.”
Sixteen students who attend local Catholic schools were recognized with “grand recognition” status. They are: Cora Bidwell, St. Agnes School; William Kempf, Holy Spirit School; Justin Durik and Kenneth Tien, Sacred Heart Model School; William Holland, Holy Trinity School; Kaden Huiet, Notre Dame Academy; Bryce Thompson, Ascension School; Elise Gould and Nicholas Pesce, St. Albert the Great School; Michael Chou, Elizabeth Jessie, Nell Rydzewski and Sophie Rydzewski, St. Margaret Mary School; Logan Mingus, St. Bernard School; Anthony Mohr, St. Gabriel School; and Jack Leffert, St. Michael School.
Following are Catholic school students in the archdiocese who received “state recognition:”
- St. Aloysius School, Pewee Valley, Ky. — William Dolan, Maggie Galloway, Kaitlyn Meyers, Madeline O’Daniel, Ally Schiavone, Katherine Stephens, Justin Varga, Madelyn West and Ainsley Wuerth.
- St. Patrick School — Gregory Gitschier, Maria Julian, Matthew Lanning, Erin McClinton, Riley Pate and Calvin Ramirez.
- St. Catherine Academy in Springfield, Ky. — Caroline Boone.
- St. Agnes — Garrett Anderson, Rachel Barber, Augustine Boyer, Paul Greenberg and Katherine Harris.
- St. Francis of Assisi School — Eleanor Hummel.
- St. Raphael School — Jakob Brissette and Sean Creed.
- Sacred Heart Model School — Anna Alphenaar, Reagan Blandford, Sarah Chung, Isabella Cockerham, Nadia Gill, Emily Green, Anna Hamilton, Daphne Johnson, Annelise Kezdy, William Kissel, Zachary Leet, Lindsay Lott, Eloise Mercer, Milly O’Grady, Osazuwa Omoruyi, Maxwell Stengel, Jackson White and Madeline Wilding.
- Holy Trinity — John Brotzge, Liam Egan, Kasey Mutwalli, Grace Spalding and Clayton Stanbery.
- Our Lady of Lourdes School — Nicholas Brownlee, Jackson Clark, Samuel Puffer and Isabel Wolter.
- St. Nicholas Academy — Samantha Kisling, Margaret Komp, Natalie Schneider and May Willcox.
- Notre Dame Academy — Karly McKinney, Joshua Smalley and Caleb Wiegandt.
- St. Martha School — Andrew Brian.
- St. Athanasius School — Jacob Hardin, Morgan Hardin and Colby Stratman.
- St. Albert the Great — Natalie Ambrosino, Samuel Bissmeyer and Phoebe Bunting.
- St. Margaret Mary – Rachel Baird, Cadey Colley, Anna Debeer, Olivia Hanke, Natalie Justice, Maggie March, Anna Sparau, Ella Springer, John Stegman, Blakely Tanner, Charles Thegreat and Anne Thompson.
- St. Paul School — William Schnieders.
- St. Edward School — Emma Blazis and Hunter Ruckriegel.
- St. James School, Elizabethtown — Molly Eby.
- St. Michael — Dylan Pike and Kaelan Racculia.