After 65 years of renting, Pitt Academy has purchased its own location in the former Westport Road Christian Church, 7515 Westport Road.
On March 30, Pitt students helped paint the school’s new classrooms. The school, which calls the purchase historic, plans to move to the new site before the beginning of the 2015-2016 school year.
Pitt was founded in 1949 by Monsignor Felix Newton Pitt for children with learning and other disabilities. Today it serves 55 students in kindergarten through 12th grade.